Paperback is a clean and simple way to read Pinboard articles later. Like a good book, Paperback is lightweight, easy to use, and enjoyable. I started Paperback in 2013 and am the product architect, developer, and sole proprietor.
Writing and Publishing Utilities
To integrate with Whiskey and with my writing workflow, I’ve created various tools to support my online writing and publishing.
pd — Print draft
had a greater impact on my writing than any other tool I’ve created. It
pandoc and a
latex template to generate a
well formatted document and then sends it to your printer all from the
command line or Vim. Now you have a hard copy draft that you can mark
up. Writing and editing in separate tools and phases helps me focus on
doing one at a time.
Older Projects and Code
- Litsub was created to be an email-based community of writers, editors, readers, and literary folks. Litsub.com was a brief experiment to create a place for people to share in their love of writing.
- Built to integrate my static sites into Litsub,
fmmssis a Flask app running a
POSTAPI to handle subscribing to a Mailman 3 list.
- I wrote a plugin for python-markdown called
mdx_poeticas I expanded my writing into poetry and desired a particular format for poetry on this site. (I don’t use this anymore since I now use
pandocfilters to do this instead.)
diceware, a python script which generates passphrases using EFF’s wordlist. Passphrases are highly secure and highly memorable passwords.
- Wrote at hackmake.org about creativity, craftsmanship, and working smarter (2012-2016)
- Coffee Shop Contemplations, a book of essays about simplicity and design, writing, and meditations on being better.
- Widgets and Scripts for Panic’s Status Board